Our school client needs 3 experience Cleaning operative with enhance DBS in Cambridge CB2
Location: Boarding Houses
Responsible to: Domestic Supervisors and Domestic Services Manager
Hours: Mon – Friday 07.00 – 12.00 and alternate Saturdays 08.00 – 10.00 am 41 weeks per year
• To cover areas where we have absence or to support with cleaning tasks in areas within the school
• To clean classrooms, bedrooms, communal areas, bathrooms, toilets and shower areas, kitchen, staircases and corridors and Prep rooms
• To assist with management of laundry
• Empty all rubbish – General, Recycling and food waste
• Bedrooms – Vacuum daily all study bedrooms (except Tuesday and Thursday), dusting woodwork, wipe all work surfaces, empty general/recycling and food waste bins, tidy duvet covers/clothes. Wednesday to clean desks in bedrooms
• Bathrooms – clean all hand basins, showers, toilets, urinals, wiping inside and outside the bowl, clean mirrors above basins. Clean floors, refill toilet paper and soap dispensers as needed
• Showers – clean showers daily, weekly to descale taps and showers including shower doors, clean shower drains out
• Hard floors – wash daily with Blitz floor cleaner
• Staircases & corridors – vacuum staircases and corridors, wipe ledges, doorframes, picture frames and stair bannister with damp cloth
• Check high areas weekly ie light fittings, shelves, dust and clean following deep clean list
• Laundry – laundering of pupils personal items, sorting dirty laundry to send to Swiss Laundry
• Assist with sorting of pupils’s personal laundry after washing and drying
• Check all allocated areas regularly for damage and inform Domestic Supervisor or house matron to report matter
Weekly Deep clean tasks
• Bedrooms – Dusk skirting boards and high level dusting, (Wednesday to clean all desks), wipe down all surfaces, clean mirrors, clean window sills, wipe dirty marks off walls, clean doorframes and doorguards
Weekly deep clean tasks continued -
• Bathrooms – Descale all stainless steel eg taps, shower attachments, clean drains in showers. Clean/descale shower cubicle doors, wipe dirty marks off walls, clean doorframes and doorguards
• Staircase & corridors – Dust skirting boards, windowsills, picture frames, fire extinguishers, high level dusting, shelving, ledges and pipework. Wipe dirty marks off walls, clean doorframes and doorguards
• Communal areas – Dust skirting boards, window skills, picture frames, fire extinguishers, high level dusting, shelving and ledges and pipework. Check under cushions on sofas for rubbish, wipe dirty marks off walls, clean doorframes and door guards
• Kitchens – wipe down cupboard fronts, descale taps and draining boards, empty crumbs from toaster, wipe out bins, wipe down walls, high/low level dusting
• To undertake other reasonable related tasks as requested by the Domestic Services Manager or Supervisors
• To be flexible to work in different areas assigned to you by the Domestic Services Manager
• To work at all times within the policies, procedures and ethics of the School
• To undertake responsibility to safeguard pupils by following the Safeguarding Policy
• To ensure that a safe/secure environment exists for pupils/staff and customers and meets requirements under the Health & Safety at work Act 1971 and C.O.S.H.H.
• To uphold the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, understand and be mindful of the School email/internet policy/code
• To work at all times within the policies, procedures and ethics of the school
• To observe/implement all relevant legislative requirements, maintain and update own knowledge as appropriate for the role
• To adhere at all times to the Schools Child Protection procedures and to undertake responsibility to safeguard pupils
• To be aware of and adhere to at all times the School code of conduct and confidentiality agreements
• To refer to and adhere to all Health & Safety procedures and policies as appropriate and other legislative requirements as required, carrying out duties by working in a safe and organised manner
Health & Safety and C.O.S.H.H. Requirements:-
• To adhere to Health and Safety and legislative requirements.
• Whilst carrying out duties work in a safe and organised manner, ensure that equipment leads from polishers or vacuum cleaners are not left creating a hazard to other staff or pupils.
• After damp mopping any floor surface always leave ‘Yellow Warning Signs’ in place to avoid any accidents on slippery floors.
• Refer and adhere to C.O.S.H.H. guidance charts and substance levels at all times.
• Ensure all chemicals, equipment and other hazardous items are locked in appropriate store cupboard after use.
• Rinse mops/cloths in clean water, leave to dry upright to avoid cross-infection
• To follow all safeguarding procedures
If you have any experience, kindly do not hesitate to contact us and apply with your CV as soon as possible, or alternatively you can reach us in the office for more information.
For more jobs positions please visit our CV library homepage and website.
Mango Solutions are acting as the employment agency on behalf of our client.
we are looking forward to hearing from you soon!