Warehouse Production Operative
An Animal Feed & Bedding Wholesaler based in Brentwood, Essex is looking to recruit a Warehouse Production Operative.
Requirements are for an enthusiastic, fit, and hard-working individual to join our busy team. The work involves predominantly general warehouse duties, including but not exhaustive of:
- Manually picking sales order of mainly 20kg bags of animal feed & bedding onto pallets assisted by a fork truck.
- Driving the fork truck efficiently in a safe manner
- Accuracy is imperative – ensuring the correct product is picked and double-checked.
- Wrapping pallets and labelling with the customer name and pallet number
- Maintaining housekeeping as you go > replenishing the pick face (ensuring product is stacked in date order for rotation of stock), removing plastic from full pallets once replenished, keeping all waste in one area ready for disposal at the end of the day
- Ensuring order additions are completed before the end of the shift and communicating with the loader
- Communicating with the office with any queries via radio
- Maintenance of the yard area - stowing pallets in their designated area, clearing of packaging waste etc.
- Ad hoc duties
A multi role that also includes operation of our production and packing machines when required.
It is a varied role and full training will be given.
Must have a valid forklift training certificate which will need to be provided.
Shift times can vary and will be notified by the Manager.
Flexibility is a must
Monday – Friday operation but must be available for varied Saturday morning overtime in busier periods.
Basic pay is £12 per hour for a 40-hour week.
Free secure on-site parking and drink making facilities.
- Own transport is essential
- VALID Forklift Licence (required)