Mango Solutions Recruitment are looking for a Maintenance Assistant to join our clients Finance and Resources Team.
This role will support the Head of Building and Facilities. The role will include assisting in general repairs, reactive work and planned maintenance. The Maintenance Assistant should be able to safely operate hand and power tools as well as demonstrate problem-solving and good time management skills.
Working hours 08:00am - 16:30pm
Annual salary £24,000
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Maintenance Assistant is part of the Finance and Resources department and supports the Head of Building and Facilities. The role will include assisting in general repairs, reactive work and planned maintenance. The Maintenance Assistant should be able to safely operate hand and power tools as well as demonstrate problem-solving and good time management skills.
- The key responsibilities of this role are maintenance focused and would include:
- To ensure high standards of general upkeep and routine maintenance of the site facilities
- Make a positive contribution to the presentation of the site.
- To carry out repairs, maintenance, improvement works and inspections to ensure the general upkeep and maintenance of the premises.
- To carry out minor carpentry, painting and plumbing works around the building and flag any items that need further attention.
- Undertake routine compliance checks as necessary ensuring that records are completed, including but not limited to fire systems; evacuation equipment and water hygiene
- To deputise for the Head of Building and Facilities as necessary including assisting contractors on site.
- Assist other departments as appropriate, particularly in the Commercial department.
Emergency and security procedures
- To cover security duties as required
- To ensure keys, access cards and access codes/fobs are signed out and recovered according to procedures, to maintain security of the building.
- Act as a key-holder and respond to emergency call outs as required.
- Opening and closing the building as necessary.
- Act as a Fire Warden.
- Assist with managing the building’s emergency systems, including fire and intruder alarms, and take an active role in the event of any building evacuation.
- To be SIA Door Supervisor Licensed – Training will be provided if required.
- Application of health and safety in manual handling and moving furniture
- Basic DIY Skills, including carpentry, painting and decorating and minor plumbing repairs
- Good verbal communication skills and a personable manner
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative but also work collaboratively within a team
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and prioritise effectively
- A willingness to be hands on in the role and to step up whenever assistance is needed
- Enthusiastic with a desire to learn and develop
- Experience in general maintenance of a public building
- Trained in Manual handling
- Health and Safety qualification or experience
- Experience of working in a theatre or other arts venue
- Competency in Microsoft Office package
- To be SIA CCTV Licensed
To be considered please apply with your CV and we will be in contact.
Mango Solutions are acting as the employment agency on behalf of our client.