Our Client is looking for Duty Manager HASTINGS area TN34
Our client is looking for duty manager to work on a cafe.
A community venue in the heart of the Old Town, Hastings. Providing a haven for health, wellbeing and leisure with facilities which include an exercise studio and gym, café restaurant, activity and event space, treatment rooms, accessible bathing facilities and a community shop. Designed specifically for the over 50’s but a venue that everyone in the community can enjoy.
Reporting to the Centre Manager the Duty Manager will make the Isabel Blackman Centre a great place to visit for members and guests. Working on a rota basis to run the centre operations on duty days and leading a successful internal and external hospitality business.
You will act as the duty manager on duty days and oversee the centre’s operations. Your role will also provide relief cover across the management, Head Chef and staffing roles to support with annual leave and in emergency and sickness situations.
This is an enjoyable hands-on role so be prepared for lots of fun, happy customers, moving tables and chairs and helping out across the centre when the team needs each other.
- Work with the centre manager and assistant manager to agree a rota of duty days for the centre, likely 3 days per week and alternate weekends. On duty days take full responsibility for the centre and act as the 1st point of contact for matters.
- Provide daily support and coordination to the team including setting tasks, ensuring they are carried out correctly, team training where required, holding team meetings and motivation
- Support the management of the centre by providing a safe and inviting environment. Ensure daily opening, operating, and closing procedures are followed correctly. Carry out daily health and safety duties, risk assessments and required monitoring. Actively reduce and remove risk or escalate for attention of the Centre Manager.
- Support building security for locking/unlocking and act as one of the key holders for out of hours emergencies.
- Support the centre cleanliness and proactively respond to any cleaning matters
- Act as a centre Fire Marshall and in the event of a fire alarm manage the centre evacuation and fire alarm procedures correctly
- Setup rooms and areas across the centre for classes, events and any other activities as required. This will include daily lifting of tables and chairs, moving furniture and equipment.
- Help to ensure the centre operates economically by helping to reduce energy consumption, heating where necessary, opening / closing windows to support ventilation, turning off lights and equipment when not in use.
- Help to maintain a safe environment in line with current Covid policies. This could include ventilating rooms, space / people management, regular sanitising, wearing face masks or any other current requirement.
- Support the correct management for licensed premises in line with all legal requirements for such, as directed by the Designated Premises Supervisor and Centre Manager. Ensure that the team always follow licensing practice for the storage, sale, and service of alcohol. Ensure all entertainment and third-party hire operates within the premises license framework.
- Monitor centre stock in line with minimum stock levels and raise purchase orders with the centre manager to ensure sufficient stock is always available for the centre and activities.
- Support the Café / Restaurant team during busy periods such as helping to clear tables, managing customer flow and occasional serving for events
- Support the Community Shop team when they require assistance. Act as a point of contact for shop volunteers on duty days.
- Support the Studio / Gym team with occasional assistance and work together to create a great customer journey through the centre, studio and gym.
- Actively promote membership to visitors / regular users and externally at events and other community activities
- Manage new member signups using the membership procedures and ensure all members are accurately added to the membership system
- Ensure all client and user data is accurately recorded on in-house data systems and maintain GDPR compliance.
- Operate classes & activities yourself and/or work with hosts and specialist partners to run classes and activities for the centre.
Hospitality - Hire
- Manage room and event hire for the centre. Maximising available spaces for external hire opportunities 7 days a week during evenings and weekends.
- show prospective hirers around the available spaces, create hire quotes and book hire in line with AUKES booking procedures.
- Oversee hirers activities and ensure their hire is carried out correctly, with special consideration for security, health and safety and any licensed activities
- Setup and reset rooms as required for each hire
- Act as key holder and emergency contact for out of hours hire
- Ensure all hire is billed correctly through the AUKES Finance system and work with Finance to ensure all hirers settle invoices in a timely manner.
- Work with the Assistant Manager to create a productive environment for our volunteers.
- Support volunteers to provide excellent customer care.
- With the management team, organise regular training / comms forums for our volunteers
- Where possible maximise the opportunities for Gift Aid and raising funds through donations
- Ensure effective in-house administrative functions to accurately record income and expenditure and maintaining quality standards.
- To work within the policies, procedures and quality frameworks adopted by Age UK East Sussex with particular attention to equal opportunities, data protection/confidentiality, safeguarding and health and safety requirements.
- To undertake relevant training as required by the organisation and agreed with your line manager.
- To be an Ambassador for the Charity, positively promoting the organisation and its services at all times.
- To undertake other such responsibilities and duties as may be reasonably required by your line manager within the level and grading of the post and to work flexibly as required.
Please call or email your CV for an immediate start
Like our Facebook page for regular job updates
Mango Solutions Recruitment are acting as the Employment Agency of behalf of our client.