Assistant General Manager - Maternity Cover (6 months cover)
Location: Hastings, East Sussex
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £12.39 - £13.50
Our client who is a much-loved community venue, are currently looking for an Assistant General Manager who has had previous experience in a similar role. This company was designed specifically for the over 50’s but a venue that everyone in the community can enjoy. They are currently looking for someone who is a very kind, enthusiastic and inspired individual, who wants to give back to their community.
- Work with the General Manager to agree duty days for the centre, likely 2/3 days per week. On duty days take full responsibility for the centre and act as the 1st point of contact for matters.
- Support the management of the centre by providing a safe and inviting environment. Ensure daily opening, operating, and closing procedures are followed correctly.
- Carry out daily health and safety duties, risk assessments and required monitoring.
- Oversee the buildings security for locking/unlocking and act as one of the key holders for out of hours emergencies.
- Support the centre cleanliness and proactively respond to any cleaning matters
- Act as a centre Fire Marshall and in the event of a fire alarm manage the centre evacuation and fire alarm procedures correctly
- Setup rooms and areas across the centre for classes, events and any other activities as required. This will include daily lifting of tables and chairs, moving furniture and equipment.
- Help to ensure the centre operates economically by helping to reduce energy consumption
- Help to maintain a safe environment in line with Covid policies.
- Ensure the centre operates with correct management for a licensed premises in line with all legal requirements
- Monitor centre stock in line with minimum stock levels and raise purchase orders with the centre manager to ensure sufficient stock is always available for the centre and activities.
- Support the Café / Restaurant team during busy periods
- Support the Studio / Gym team with occasional assistance
Requirements for the role:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an assistant manager, supervisor or similar of a leisure centre, social club, community venue of similar.
If you think you have the experience, enthusiasm, and creativity that this role is looking for, then please apply today!
To apply for this or any of our other positions please email your full CV.
Mango Solutions Recruitment are acting as The Employment Agency